Saturday, February 11, 2006

Perceivable Interest

I will certainly need to notice a degree of interest in me. I've had several interactions, on dates and otherwise, where I simply am incapable of perceiving interest coming from the other direction. I'm certain a great degree of this comes from my ignorance and lack of capacity to differentiate the various signals woman give. I never want to be someone who is oblivious to a girl's lack of interest. I've heard to many girls talk about the creepy guys that wont take a clue. But then I hear about other instances in which a girl does something like freezing up in her interactions because of over excitement. While I honestly have a hard time seeing myself exciting such debilitating excitement in a woman (I'm not ugly but I'm not the paragon of beauty either) I still hold out hope that some beautiful woman (beauty being an all encompasing attribute, while I'd have a hard time fighting hormonal forces I do think I'd be able to resist some stunning super-model who lacked beauty in her personality, even if the impossible occured and she made advances toward me) will, possibly, find me attractive on a sufficient number of levels. So I have this dillema of not wanting to be some creepy, aproaching stalker, guy---but I also don't want to be some spineless jelly that doesn't gain an optimal companionship simply because I'm not sufficiently assertive to demonstrate to some wonderfull woman that I'm willing to "do whatever it takes" for her. I want to be assertive, but not over bearing, so that's helped me determine that I'm going to need a sufficiently warm spark of mutual interest in me. I figure that, if I have a hard time reading, even in the slightest, passed the first couple dates, any significant signal of serious affection, or potential affection, for me, then if the relationship is to go any further she'll need to make it very obvious that that is what she would like.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Guys should give a good signal of interest too. Girls tend to pick up signs easily, but if the guy tries to hinder showing any emotion or interest, it may appear that he's not at all into her.. and thus she may hesitate throwing any signs of "perceivable interest"..

On the other hand, if a guy is just simply full of himself, then any forming interest in the part of the girl just might disappear. :)

Just a thought.

6:04 PM  
Blogger HiveRadical said...

I hope I'm giving good signals. Asking girls out and complimenting them on whatever traits or actions I find desirable or attractive, I hope, would all be indicators of significant interest. But I understand your point.

I hope I'm not full of myself. I wish there was an easy way to acheive both real balance and perceived balance so that I can be AND come across as being confident and compitent without being arrogant or demeaning or patronizing.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes, the only way to really enjoy a date is just to talk freely, and not to worry so much. Ultimately, if she is the one you are looking for, she would have to accept you for everything you are.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home