Friday, January 20, 2006

A friend

That's the first thing. She must be a friend. One in the truest sense of the word. I guess since it has connections to "to love" she and I must love each other.

Obviously this means that we (I must be certain on this for myself) must understand, to at least some degree, what love is.

All this clearly will require a leap of faith. For I believe that we all, to some degree, are given love. The faith comes in trusting it, and trusting our discernment of it as such, whenever that may occur in our lives. Rather hard to pin down in words. I'm just glad that words aren't all we have.

Comments welcomed.

I know it's all a bit ambiguous and esoteric when touching words and logical paradigms. Even effort will be appreciated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

I agree with you. Marriage is about companionship, and what better companion than a friend.

12:44 AM  
Blogger HiveRadical said...

And when you believe, as do I, that the companionship you are seeking will last for all eternity then the need for it to be a true friend becomes infinitly more important than it was intitialy, which was still of the utmost importance.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

hi. i just surfed in. this blog is enchanting. i don't see many men create a whole blog dreaming/creating the ideal mate.

9:55 PM  
Blogger HiveRadical said...

I wouldn't call it dreaming or creating. I'm quite certain that the ideal mate for me already exists. This is more a means for me to determine what points are most critical in my case and also provides a means for me to evaluate myself. If there are traits that I'd desire to have in an eternal friend then, in as much as the trait transcends and translates to my condition, I too should aspire to obtain such and be an ideal mate myself for my future wife. So it's kind of a multi-faceted endeavor.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home