Monday, January 23, 2006

True to womanhood

She must also be true to womanhood, just as I must be true to manhood.

In all honesty I'm not entirely certain all that either title entails. But I know we must both strive to perfect who we are. This holds as a key aspect our genders.

In fact the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to believe that perfecting, or striving to do such, of our gender is one of the great sources of joy and achievement in this life. So many of us are so tied to seeing those aspects society attributes to each gender and those get overly emphasized, I believe, to the detriment and misdirecting of people against the whole of their gender.

Perhaps this is part of why there's such an attempt to give ambiguity to gender identity. People on all sides are so mistaken in their presumptions as to what is and isn't true manhood or womanhood that they polarize into a fabricated dichotomy in which neither side, of those presented, really understands gender. The true dichotomy, I believe, is between those who are striving to understand and fulfill gender and those who are clinging to whatever dogmatic preconception of gender, pertaining to it's constituency and relevancy, that they may have which conflicts with the true nature of the genders.

So I suppose I found more than I thought I would in spelling out this seeming obvious requisite, at least for myself.

Unfortunately I believe there's so much more that could be touched upon with regard to womanhood and the striving for such that should occur in all women, likewise for men concerning true manhood.

So I suppose I'll think more upon this before I say more on the obtainment of a more perfect and complete womanhood by who ever my future wife may prove to be. Of course I have, as I now realize, an even greater responsibility to discover the nuanced truths that will enable me to more fully fulfill the gender I have. A gender I'm glad to be a part of in light of my own personality, what I've learned thus far of manhood, and my limited knowledge of the fairer sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home